Circular No : URA/PB/2012/05-DCG
Date : 02 Apr 2012
CIRCULAR TO PROFESSIONAL INSTITUTES
TREATMENT OF DEVELOPMENTS COMPRISING A MIX OF STRATA LANDED HOUSING AND APARTMENT UNITS
Who should know
Architects, developers and building owners
With effect from 03 April 2012
- Strata landed housing is essentially a form of landed housing except for its strata title arrangement. Hence, developments comprising only strata landed housing are not accorded condominium status. URA clarified this through a professional circular in October 1994.
- URA has observed that in recent years, there has been an increase in the number of condominium proposals comprising a mix of strata landed and apartments units within the same development.
- To align with the treatment of strata landed housing developments announced in 1994, we will no longer accord condominium status to developments comprising a mix of strata landed and apartments units. Only residential developments comprising purely apartment units and complying with the condominium guidelines will continue to be approved as condominiums.
- The title caption for such developments comprising a mix of strata landed and apartment units should be submitted in a format as follows:
“Proposed residential development comprising __ blocks of __ storey apartments and __ units of strata landed houses”
- The new guidelines will take effect from 03 Apr 2012. Only formal development applications (excluding Outline Applications) submitted prior to 03 Apr 2012 which have already been granted Provisional Permission or which will result in a Provisional Permission will continue to be evaluated under the old guidelines(1).
- I would appreciate it if you could convey the contents of this circular to the relevant members of your organisation. If you or your members have any queries concerning this circular, please call our Development Control Group (DCG) Enquiry Line at Tel: 6223 4811 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Past circulars to the professional institutes are available from our website http://www.ura.gov.sg.
HAN YONG HOE
GROUP DIRECTOR (DEVELOPMENT CONTROL)
for CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
URBAN REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
Read the original Circular here